Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a one stop answer shop, a bus stop, i stop busses

So, I don't think we evolved from monkeys, but I'll be honest : ...(I wasn't there) ! I know, be calm. I still don't think we did. Even if we did: it doesn't change what we are. It doesn't even rule out Adam and Eve or the Garden of Eden. Plus, we could live under a California Communist regime, and I still may be able to lead a happy life. On that note, if gay people could get married, I wouldn't care.

I CAN'T separate my religion from my politics. That's okay because my religion says for me not to make laws that force you to feign righteousness. Laws don't reign inside my religion, so why would I manufacture laws to force on others? In America, laws are just rules we all agree on to make it possible to live in the same place.

I'll try to separate my feelings about myself and my life from my feelings about you and yours. I promise that I'll try to think. I think that'll help us live closer together.

I just spouted emotional rubbish. That's not very constructive is it? It might be. To make up for that, here is something completely opposite:
-------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

I chose to analyze the descriptive statistics of a study done in Southeastern Europe, published in 2005, examining relationships between nosocomial bloodstream infections and the medical interventions that had been performed upon the patient.

The authors of this study effectively used descriptive statistics to clarify and point out patterns in their data. They frequently used arithmetic mean +/- the standard deviant and grouped frequency distributions. They used these methods to quickly show relationships between data that were rather obvious without further analysis (i.e. average patient age, percentage of patient with nasogastric tubes, etc.). The writers also employed multivariate logistic regression analysis to find correlations between their dependant variable and their various independent variables (i.e. nasogastric tubes, aggressive procedures, etc.). The report also included a few simple tables which were effective in highlighting relationships without becoming distracting.

Overall, the authors effectively used descriptive statistics to clarify the raw data, and point out relationships between variables. Their statistical analysis was thoroughly explained in the text, and all of the analyses were relevant. I would also point out that these researchers employed SPSS software in their analyses.


Suljagic, V., Cobeljic, M., Jankovic, S., Mirovic, V., Markovic-Denic, L., Romic, P., Dragan, M.
(2005). Nosocomial Bloodstream Infections in ICU and non-ICU Patients American
Journal of Infection Control, 33(6) 333-340.

-------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------
Take that! You don't to find the Pearson Correlation Coefficient of me and awesome to know that we have a steep slope indeed. = humility

No comments: